Hello Freesco support,
Again i need some help to make a full backup of my /www directory on USB stick, directly from my Freesco 0.38 via telnet.
i think it would be the following, plse can someone check and tell me if it's ok, before i mess up the system.....
1. i logon with root on the system via telnet
2. i put the usb (FAT 32) stick in the system
3. use the command: # fdisk -l to find out what the usb stick is called... (has to be something like this: /dev/sdb1)..
4. I have to creat a new directory in /mnt so i can mount the drive onto the filesystem?... kind of: # mkdir /media/usb
5. i have to mount the usb drive (something like this) : # mount /dev/sdb1 /media/usb
6. then i use the copy command: # rsync -rv /www /media/usb/ or # rsync -avh /www /media/usb/ (dont know wich command is better..?)
7. when done i use the command # umount /media/usb
above information i create with the help of the following site: http://askubuntu.com/questions/37767/ho ... flash-driv
are these steps OK to create my /www backup, or maybe there is a more easy way to create a backup on usb stick via telnet.
Thx! again and best regards, Maikel